The Amazon Echo is one of the most popular smart home devices on the market. It’s a voice-activated speaker that can control many of the other smart devices in your home, as well as play music, answer questions, read the news, and more.
If you’re looking to add an Echo to your home, you have a few different options to choose from. In this blog post, we’ll go over the four best Amazon Echo smart speakers and smart displays, so you can decide which one is right for you.
Echo devices come in many different shapes and sizes. There are some that are meant to sit on a table or desk, while others are meant to be placed on the floor. Some have built-in displays, while others do not.
No matter what your needs are, there’s an Echo device that’s perfect for you. Here are the four best Amazon Echo smart speakers and smart displays.
Best Amazon Echo overall
1. Best Amazon Echo overall: The original Echo is still the best smart speaker you can buy from Amazon. It’s got great sound quality, a useful set of features, and it’s relatively affordable.
2. Best Amazon Echo for music: The Echo Plus is the best Echo for music lovers. It has better sound quality than the original Echo, and it comes with a built-in Zigbee hub, which makes it easy to connect to other smart home devices.
3. Best Amazon Echo for voice control: The Echo Show is the best Echo for voice control. It has a built-in camera and touchscreen display, which makes it easy to see and use voice commands.
4. Best Amazon Echo for kids: The Fire HD 8 Kids Edition is the best Echo for kids. It comes with a kid-friendly case and a 2-year worry-free guarantee, which makes it durable and safe for kids to use.
Best budget Amazon Echo
If you’re looking for an Amazon Echo smart speaker on a budget, the Amazon Echo Dot is your best bet. The Echo Dot is the most affordable way to get access to Alexa, and it’s small enough to fit in any room.
The Echo Dot also has a built-in speaker, so you can use it as a standalone speaker or use it to control other smart devices in your home.
If you’re looking for an Amazon Echo with a built-in display, the Amazon Echo Show 5 is the most affordable option.
The Echo Show 5 has a 5.5-inch display that can show you the time, weather, and more. You can also use the Echo Show 5 to make video calls, and it has a built-in camera for security purposes.
Best Amazon Echo with a big screen
The all-new Amazon Echo Show 10 (3rd Gen) is the best Amazon Echo with a big screen. It has a 10.1-inch HD screen that adjusts to follow you as you move around the room, so you never miss a beat while cooking, working out, or just relaxing at home.
Plus, with built-in speakers and a powerful woofer, the Echo Show 10 delivers rich, detailed sound that brings your music and movies to life.
- Best Money Making Apps that Pay You Real Money
- The Ultimate Guide to Financial Literacy
- Steps for Personal Finance Management and Planning
If you’re looking for an Amazon Echo with a bigger screen, the all-new Amazon Echo Show 10 (3rd Gen) is the one for you.
It has a 10.1-inch HD screen that adjusts to follow you as you move around the room, so you never miss a beat. Plus, with built-in speakers and a powerful woofer, the Echo Show 10 delivers rich, detailed sound that brings your music and movies to life.
Best Amazon Echo with a small screen
1. Best Amazon Echo with a small screen: The new Amazon Echo has a smaller, more compact design that makes it perfect for any room in your home. It also has a new feature called “Alexa on the go” which allows you to take your Echo with you wherever you go.
The Echo also comes with a built-in speaker so you can use it as a portable speaker for your music or other audio needs.
2. Best Amazon Echo for kids: The Amazon Echo Dot is the perfect smart speaker for kids. It’s small and lightweight so it’s easy to carry around, and it has kid-friendly features like parental controls and child profiles.
Plus, the Dot comes with a free year of Amazon FreeTime Unlimited, which gives access to age-appropriate books, shows, games, and more.
3. Best Amazon Echo for seniors: The Amazon Tap is a great option for seniors who want a simple, easy-to-use smart speaker.
The Tap has Alexa built-in so you can ask it questions, play music, get news and weather updates, set alarms, and more. Plus, the Tap is portable so you can take it with you when you travel or move around your house.
What else we considered
We considered a few other options before settling on the Amazon Echo as the best smart speaker. Google Home is a great option if you’re already invested in the Google ecosystem, but we found the Amazon Echo to be a better overall experience.
The Apple HomePod is also a great option, but it’s more expensive than the Echo and doesn’t have as many features.
Amazon Echo FAQs
1. How do I set up my Amazon Echo?
To set up your Amazon Echo, first, connect it to power and then follow the instructions in the Alexa app. Once your Echo is set up, you can start using it to play music, get news and weather updates, control smart home devices, and more.
2. What can I ask Alexa?
Alexa is always getting smarter, and there are thousands of things she can help you with. You can ask her for help with everyday tasks like setting timers and alarms, adding items to your shopping list, checking traffic conditions, and much more.
You can also ask Alexa to play music from Amazon Music, Pandora, Spotify, iHeartRadio, and TuneIn. Plus, you can use her to control smart home devices like lights, thermostats, and sprinklers.
3. How do I know if my Echo is connected to the internet?
If you see a blue light ring on your Echo device, it means that it’s connected to the internet and ready for you to use.
4. Can I use my Echo without an Amazon account?
Yes! You can use your Echo without an Amazon account by connecting it to a Wi-Fi network. However, you’ll need an Amazon account to use some features, such as playing music from Amazon Music, making calls, and sending messages.
5. I accidentally ordered something from Amazon using my Echo. Can I cancel the order?
Yes! You can cancel an order that you’ve placed using your Echo by saying “Alexa, cancel my order.”