Push notification android: Push notifications have been a part of our daily life for several years. Want to know how to activate and deactivated push notifications on android know what exactly they are and how they work? If your answer is yes then this is the right place.
Today, at Techtaks, we have prepared a comprehensive how-to guide on android mobile push notification. All the information updated to this 2021 so that you get the most out of it and solve all your doubts.
Whether you are a user or an application owner, here we explain all the keys to achieving direct and effective communication through push notifications.
So let’s see how this technology works and what we can do with it. Stay tune ……
What is push notification?
Push notifications are direct and instant messages that reach your devices from installed applications. Unlike SMS, they are free, unlimited, and completely personalized. In this way, the user can decide in advance which ones he wants to receive and which applications have permission to send them.
It is also important to note that in push technology the sending request is made by the server instead of the user. In other words, before a query the server will send information without the user having to ask it.
Thus, the key to push messages is that they arrive automatically, without the user using the mobile or the application that sends them. This implies access to offers and promotions without the need to search for them, an action that creates immediate interaction.
Examples of push notifications
On our devices we receive a large number of push messages from all kinds of applications and services. Some examples are:
- Facebook and WhatsApp notifications: show direct messages that are sent from mobile to mobile.
- Messaging from banking entities : they usually report on transactions or services to be hired.
- Messages with promotions and offers : typical of shopping apps or subscription services (for example, Tinder,Foodpanda etc).
- Notifications reaching the web browser .
- Notice messages for a new email .
What is the reason for push notifications?
The main purpose of push notifications is to achieve more direct communication with the users of an app or services. Companies use this as a channel to send messages for promotional and commercial purposes. In this way, they can attract new customers, retain existing ones and have greater engagement with the user. The possibilities offered by these types of messages are almost limitless. Some examples are:
- Discounts in stores and subscriptions.
- Exclusive promotions.
- Breaking news.
- Direct messages.
- Information about some one type of event or conference.
- Announce news in an app or service.
Push notification android how to activate
If you have an Android device, you can enable push notifications in most installed apps. To do this, follow these steps:
- From the home screen, go to «Settings».
- Swipe down the screen and select “Applications and notifications”.
- Now click on “Notifications”.
- To see all the applications, click on «See all».
- Click on “Advanced” and then on the app whose push notifications you want to activate. To do this, check the ” Show notifications ” option .
- Optionally, you can activate the ” Priority ” box so that the app notifications are displayed at the top of the list. And it would be!
This procedure is valid on any device with Android version 10.0 or later. Of course, some steps may vary slightly depending on the phone.
How to disable push notifications on Android
Just as you can activate push messaging, you can also deactivate it. The procedure is the same as the activation procedure:
- Open the “Settings” of the mobile.
- Select “Applications and notifications” and enter “Notifications”.
- Click on “See all” and all installed applications will be displayed.
- Now, select “Advanced” and click on the app whose notifications you want to stop.
- Finally, uncheck the ” Show notifications ” box.
And now you have it! In this way you will not receive any more push notifications from that application on your Android mobile. Obviously, you can repeat this action with all the apps you want.
why should you use push notifications?
- You can customize them . That is, you decide how and when you want to receive them, with what tone, at what time, etc. Therefore, they are not intrusive or over the top, and they will not disturb you.
- They are totally free , have no additional cost or charge. And they are unlimited depending on the use that the user gives.
- If you are looking to increase the number of interactions and your brand engagement , this is a good way. They can help increase the retention rate and get more people to participate in a promotion, for example.
- They are extremely easy to set up and launch . Just enter the information you want to appear and they will be ready in seconds. And it will not matter if the mobile is not being used or if the app is not running.
- However, the reason for its success is immediacy . As they are received instantly, they are more likely to be opened and read.
Push notifications android: all your doubts resolved
What is the Samsung Push Service?
Samsung Push Service is an exclusive tool for Samsung mobiles that allows you to receive push notifications in your proprietary applications (such as Samsung Pay, ChatON or AllShare, among others). This service is essential in any terminal of the brand, otherwise you will not be able to receive push messages from these apps.
Android push notifications not working: what to do?
If push messages do not work for you, it is likely that your mobile has a problem or that you have not configured a parameter correctly. Depending on the cause, you can try the following solutions:
- Check that app notifications are turned on .
- Uninstall and reinstall the app that has the error. Sometimes the bug is found in the latest update and fixed in the next version.
- Verify that you do not have the saving mode activated . This can cause notifications from certain apps to not appear. To do this, go to Settings> Battery> Economy mode and deactivate the option. In the battery section you can also check that the option to run in the background is activated .
- Turn off do not disturb mode as it can also block some notifications. You will find it in Settings> Notifications> Do not disturb mode .
- If the problem persists after applying the solutions above, please reboot the phone . It is likely that some mobile process is failing temporarily.
What to do if I do not receive WhatsApp notifications?
In case WhatsApp push notifications are failing, you will have to make a series of checks in the mobile settings:
- Check that your Internet connection works . Some networks can give problems with the WhatsApp service.
- Verify that the “Background data logging “ option is not activated . To do this, go to Settings> Applications> Application manager> WhatsApp> Data usage.
- Make sure you have do not disturb mode turned off from Settings> Sound> Do not disturb .
- Make sure the WhatsApp app has the phone’s permissions . You can check it in Settings> Applications> Application manager> WhatsApp> Access.
If after performing these verifications you still do not receive WhatsApp messages, try restarting the phone, resetting the preferences of the mobile applications or closing all open sessions (including WhatsApp Web).
How to activate push notifications in the Bankia app?
The Bankia app has push notifications that inform you of all movements in your bank account. These are the steps to activate them:
- Identify yourself in the Bankia app with your username and password .
- Once inside, go to Profile .
- Access Notifications . To activate them, use your digital signature .
- Finally, configure the type of notification you want to receive.
- When you’re done, click Continue .
How to configure Facebook push notifications?
You can enable or disable Facebook push notifications on Android as follows:
- Open the mobile Settings .
- Click on Notifications and then on Applications .
- Then, swipe the screen until you find the Facebook app . Click on it to enter.
- Now, select Notifications . Here you will have a button to turn them on or off.
And ready! This procedure works as of Android 6.0. Therefore, it is possible that it presents some variation depending on the mobile you use.
How to activate push notifications from La Caixa?
If you are a La Caixa customer and want to receive information on any movement of your cards and accounts, download the CaixaBankNow app and activate push notifications. Do it in the following way:
- Open the CaixaBankNow app and select the option What do you need? In the bottom bar.
- Click on Settings and then M i profile .
- Once inside, click Settings > Manage Notifications .
- Finally, press the button to activate them.
How to manage push notifications on Tinder?
Tinder notifications can be configured in two ways: in the app and in the mobile settings. The steps to follow are:
In the Tinder app:
- Click on your profile icon.
- Go to Settings> Notifications.
- Open your phone’s Settings .
- Go to Notifications> Tinder and activate them.
If you wish, you can also manage notifications from the Tinder web to receive them in the browser.